Evolution world
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xirus Application

3 posters

Go down

Xirus Application Empty Xirus Application

Post  xirus Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 pm

1. What is your main character's in-game name (also account name)
Account Name: doffa93
Main char: xirus

2. Where in the world are you located?
Norway

3. What time zone are you located in?
Gmt+1

4. How old are you?

5. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
Yes, a few months.

6. Do you have a day job/schooling, If so how many hours a week can you manage to GM?
I have a job, but I can manage as GM for 5 hours+ each day.

7. Have you ever been banned for any reason?
Nope.

8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW on the forums or in-game?
5 hours+ each day

9) Have you had previous experience as a game master (list your names on the servers that you worked on)?
Yes, I used to run my own server. It lasted between 2 and 3 years. I shut it down due to the wave on my server computer. Plus my computer was hacked. I tried to play again on a private server called World of Anarchy, sadly I quit due to the players. Adding on to my experience I was co-owner on another server. It was also shutdown because the owner no longer wished to continue.

10) Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 16 years old and currently reside in Norway, I speak fluently norwegian and I at english. I'm a very determined person, when I start something I get it done! I never give up! Don't forget I'm a very calm and laid back person.

[color=red]11) Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
I believe I would make a good GM because of my vast knowledge on servers. Also I know I could come up with great ideas for the server!

12) What interests you most about the GM position?
I really like helping people, this would be a great way to do just that!

13)What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I know how to fix the "Weapon glitch". I will be trying to get more people on the server and forum. I know I will increase the servers population!

14) If your application was brought up to the current staff, what do you think their reaction would to you be?
" I think we should accept this guy, he looks great =) "

15) If you were going submit a suggestion for us what would it be?
I think that you need to add something that will catch peoples eyes. Also we need to fix the weapon glitch. Finally, we need a Ventrillo server, I am able to host on free for you!

16) Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad.
I know that things can get out of control very quickly and at any moment. If a conflict would ever occur I would first give the user a warning. If problem consists I would teleport them to the started area.

17) What do you think is the most important thing a gm can do.
A GM needs to watch out for the players, server and make sure everything runs smooth.

Contact information: Skype and MSN
MSN: cl-93@hotmail.com

I would like to add how you fix the melee weapon glitch

You can make custom patch or delete some blizz item and put that entry to the custom
exp delete 2H sword (blizz) and put the entry to the custom sword it will work

Last edited by xirus on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm; edited 6 times in total

xirus

Back to top Go down

Xirus Application Empty Re.

Post  pede Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Pending!
pede
pede
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

Back to top Go down

Xirus Application Empty Re: Xirus Application

Post  xirus Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Just wanted to add one thing =)

I can also help with fixing the melee wep bug :=)

xirus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus-Zero Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:40 pm

I think I will be the first to voice my opinion on this.

I see a few things that I don't like. I don't like how many grammatical and spelling errors there are, for one. Also I think applications should have to prove that they were staff on another server. I think you should elaborate more on the question "Explain why you think you would be a good GM.".
I believe this is the most important question, you didn't really prove to me that you would make a good GM. Please Elaborate on that for us.

I will give you one thing, I like that your in a different time zone. That means we will have staff on at all times during the day. Also might explain your grammar and spelling. Which is a problem.

But its not my choice, lets see what the owner thinks!

Minus-Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  xirus Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Minus-Zero wrote:I think I will be the first to voice my opinion on this.

I see a few things that I don't like. I don't like how many grammatical and spelling errors there are, for one. Also I think applications should have to prove that they were staff on another server. I think you should elaborate more on the question "Explain why you think you would be a good GM.".
I believe this is the most important question, you didn't really prove to me that you would make a good GM. Please Elaborate on that for us.

I will give you one thing, I like that your in a different time zone. That means we will have staff on at all times during the day. Also might explain your grammar and spelling. Which is a problem.

But its not my choice, lets see what the owner thinks!

I cant see so many grammatical and spelling errors, i can see some few but yeah..
for the rest, if i am allowed i can edit on those questions / answers..
And yes i want u to explain my grammar and spelling errors so i can see it my self, and be better Very Happy

How can i proove that i had a server for 2-3 years when everything is gone?

xirus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minus-Zero Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:18 pm

My suggestion on people proving it wasn't directly pointed towards you. I mean in general when posting applications people should try to prove it.

Also here are the corrections:

1. What is your main character's in-game name (also account name)
Account Name: doffa93
Main char: xirus

2. Where in the world are you located?
Norway

3. What time zone are you located in?
Gmt+1

4. How old are you?

5. Have you played Retail and if so, for how long?
Yes, a few months.

6. Do you have a day job/schooling, If so how many hours a week can you manage to GM?
I have a job, but I can manage as GM for 5 hours+ each day. (Need space between 5 and hours)

7. Have you ever been banned for any reason?
Nope.

8. How much time each day do you spend on WoW on the forums or in-game?
5 hours+ each day

9) Have you had previous experience as a game master (list your names on the servers that you worked on)?
Yes, I used to run my own server. It lasted between 2 and 3 years. I shut it down due to the wave on my server computer. Plus my computer was hacked. I tried to play again on a private server called World of Anarchy, sadly I quit due to the players. Adding on to my experience I was co-owner on another server. It was also shutdown because the owner no longer wished to continue.

10) Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 16 years old and currently reside in Norway. I'm a very determined person, when I start something I get it done! I never give up! Don't forget I'm a very calm and laid back person.

11) Explain why you think you would be a good GM.
I believe I would make a good GM because of my vast knowledge on servers. Also I know I could come up with great ideas for the server!

12) What interests you most about the GM position?
I really like helping people, this would be a great way to do just that! (Couldn't figure out what the next sentence said)

13)What positive additions could you (or do you already) make to the server/Community?
I have tried helping people with the "Main Weapon Glitch". I will be trying to get more people on the server and forum. I know I will increase the servers population! (Notice how I said "I know", when writing an application be sure to be confident. If your not confident they are less likely to accept you. I suggest you use stronger language from now on)

14) If your application was brought up to the current staff, what do you think their reaction would to you be?
" I think we should accept this guy, he looks great =) "

15) If you were going submit a suggestion for us what would it be?
(Don't use example on the question)
I think that you need to add something that will catch peoples eyes. Also we need to fix the weapon glitch. Finally, we need a Ventrillo server, I am able to host on free for you!

16) Events can get out of control, how would you pull a situation under control if it went bad.
I know that things can get out of control very quickly and at any moment. If a conflict would ever occur I would first give the user a warning. If problem consists I would teleport them to the started area.

17) What do you think is the most important thing a gm can do.
A GM needs to watch out for the players, server and make sure everything runs smooth.

Contact information: Skype and MSN
MSN: cl-93@hotmail.com

Some suggestions I have for you are as follows:
- When writing a resume/application use stronger language. Instead of "think" use "I know".
- Use higher vocabulary, don't only use words from 3rd grade.
- Take time in your application, it will be alot better in the end.
- Just try your best.

Also when your typing don't use the word "good". Most likely the way your using it is incorrect. I saw around 2 examples of that in your application.

I think I spent more time editing then you did making it haha.

I don't mean to come off as a dick or anything. Just want to help you in the future.

Minus-Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down